flamingos really piss me off like what the hell are they doing??????
lookin 4 tha party
single and ready to flamingle
"I'm very fortunate to have worked on films with big budgets and
amazing sets, but I still think that what Dan's pulled of is quite
incredible and it feels very Once in a lifetime, that I'll stand
on a whole, physical Ark."
This is one of my favorite dresses from the movie.
One Night with the King
- King Xerxes: [walking towards her] And this is how you come to see me? Your only adornment before your one night with the king.
- Queen Esther: It is, your majesty.
- King Xerxes: You consider yourself of so little worth, that I could purchase your love so cheaply.
- Queen Esther: I was taught... that when you visit a King, rather than expect a gift, one should bring one to lay at his feet. [removes her necklace and offers it to him]
- Queen Esther: This is my most valuable possession in the world. It is my past, my present, and my future. And all of it is yours.
- King Xerxes: [takes her necklace and turns away] Some would call you foolish, indeed. As they would call your Jacob. Of all commodities, love is the easiest... and the most cheaply purchased.
- Queen Esther: [considerate] If it is for sale, my lord. It is not love.
- King Xerxes: Even you...[moving closer] Even you must have a price.
- Queen Esther: I am neither a buyer nor a seller of love.
- King Xerxes: [earnestly] Suppose, my lady. A man offered you a more treasured gift. Say a kingdom.
- Queen Esther: [near tears] The only gift I would accept is your heart.
- King Xerxes: [taking her hands] Than it is yours. And you didn't have to serve 7 years to get it. Tell me, Esther of Susa. Who are you really? Tell me of your people. Teach me of your ways.
- Queen Esther: My father told me it takes the glory of God to conceal a matter. And it takes the honor of Kings to search it out.
- King Xerxes: Than marry me and we shall spend an eternity discovering this 'truth'... together.
I MEAN COME ON
it got better
It got even better
Dear internet, this is how you gently and thoughtfully change people’s minds. No shaming, no yelling, just a nice nudge to, “Aha!”
I will aspire to use classy same tone next time I try to educate someone about something!
Further, due credit to Ms. Day: This is how you react to having your conduct/language corrected. Classy as hell.
Classiness all around
Page 1 of 1057